MXQ and MXQ Pro Setup Instructions
Before using your new media player please review these instructions carefully.
Connect your media player
- Connect the power supply and HDMI cable provided to your TV
- Connect your Ethernet / LAN cable (optional)
- After connecting and powering on your android box go to the appropriate HMDI source on your TV (use the TV remote source button)
- To connect via Wifi go to Settings – Network and enter your Wi-Fi password
- The Standard remote requires 2 AAA batteries. It will connect automatically
- Extra Airmouse / Wireless Keyboard Instructions.
- Connect the Bluetooth Dongle / USB Receiver into the side of the device and ensure you have power / batteries in the device.
Configuring your Android Box
Installing apps within Kodi using ‘Complete Kodi Setup Wizard’ (on box or from within Google Play Store)
- Go to My Apps – Complete Kodi Setup Wizard (5th app on first line)
- Read message and press escape
- Install Build there are hundreds of builds to choose from … the alphabetic list shows Paradox Builds for example
- Select Kodi v16
- Select your build – it then downloads (to 100%) and then installs in about 3 minutes
- Press OK and escape – pull out the power cord for 2 seconds to reboot the device
If you then go back into Kodi you will now see your new build. Allow about 5 minutes for your box to auto-update its addons before viewing content.
Kodi Installation is now complete
Installing apps outside Kodi (advanced users)
Kodi is the most important app on your device. You can also install other apps outside Kodi
There are also two ways to install different applications on your device.
- App Store – This is the Zoomtak apps store and is probably the best place to download all your favourite apps.
- Google Play Store – This is the main Android App Store you will need a g-mail login to use it